Freitag, 30. November 2018

Mysql float vs decimal

Mysql float vs decimal

Storing statistical data, do I need. Some of them are integers, text, varchar and most importantly, date and time and date-time manipulation. Hallo zusammen, ich habe heute eine Abfrage versucht und war etwas erschrocken, was da auf mich zugekommen ist. Folgendes ist passiert: Ein Datenbankfeld mit dem Typ Float ist in der Datenbank, in welchem Preise. For space considerations, am I better off using double, float , or decimal (2)?


Mysql float vs decimal

I found the documentation, but want to make sure I understand it. Decimal vs Double vs Float. Precision is the main difference where float is a single precision (bit) floating point data type, double is a double precision (bit) floating point data type and decimal is a 128-bit floating point data type.


DECIMAL fiel it was storing it as 4. NOT use float because it will not store your values accurately. I know the mysql result after querying, produce the correct result. So I am thinking of changing decimal to float.


I can build the function to tell the value difference from null or But is it okay to use. I created test tables with column, one was decimal ( 2), one float , and one double. I inserted the same 1values into each table.


I was surprised they were the same, the documentation I read lead me to believe the decimal would take bytes, but apparantly. The double table is 1. A correction to my origial post, the column will actually be decimal ( 2) vs. Where size is the total size of the String, and d represents precision.


Datatype to DOUBLE( 3) where is the total number of. Therefore, what the difference? Silva _____ Novidade no ! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular. MySQL source distribution. Does anyone have any opinions concerning the performance of Float vs decimal data types?


For example I have a table that stores balances, turnovers, and currency rates all of which were originally. Al final de la respuesta también explico por qué no usar float. Te dejo el enlace por si te puede ser de ayuda.


Difference between float (2) and float () in mysql (2) float (2) means use two digits, of which two are used after the decimal point. Float and Real data types do not store exact values for many numbers. Es klingt, als könnten in Ihrem Szenario keine Rundungsfehler erzeugt werden. Although the above seems correct, just a simple explanation to give you an idea of how it works. Checking in the new database structure I saw that someone changed a field from float to double.


Wondering why, I checked the mysql documentation, but hone.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.

Beliebte Posts